Re: (TFT) Polyhedral Weapon Heresy

I should mention body relative measurement as I'm of the opinion that 1.3m
for a hex has much to do with human proportion. It does how I use it
anyway...
http://gomandigripes.blogspot.com/
That's a square-hex (the area of the hex @ 1" sts diameter equals the area
of a square 1 inch across, easy counting) and each quarter inch square is
practically 1 square foot in area. The larger figure is a scale-hex for
issues of location within a hex w/quarter inch squares representing about
3.25" across or about the size of the palm of your hand for most of us.
(easy measure again, if it fits in your hand it fits a map square at this
scale) and the Earth maps show using log/lat to lay hexes with the
inevitable issues toward the poles alievated somewhat with a little trick
capping each pole in a hex. Square hexes lay out floor plans well but I
have a slight trick where a buildings tiling need not align with outdoors
at all. This has to do with the fact that some types of movement is on the
square-grid, some on the hex-grid, some vectors across vertices and some is
free of any map reference perhaps straight line, flexible line or other as
I see no reason to force everything into a hex-grid system and get
advantages from the freedom to snap off the grid so to speak. Monsters
Players haven't encountered before can come at them in unexpected ways...
Boris, how's that rabbit stew coming? Oh right... bring out the holy hand
grenade.