Re: Dodging arrows (was: Re: (TFT) Targeting Horses and their Riders)

Sounds like a plausible arrow speed, but what do I know.

A whole-body response time of .5 seconds sounds fast but not impossible
to me. Consider that a pre-programmed jump from sprint blocks in
response to a highly salient start signal takes over 100 ms, a variable
reaction in response to arrow flight would take significantly longer,
and perceptual limits would reduce the time available still further.

Finally, 50 yards = 45.72 meters = 34 hexes (about 15 megahexes, or 3
melee maps placed end-to-end). Unusual combat situation for our group.

So I might allow someone with combat reflexes to dodge or block a very
long shot like this one, if they knew it was coming. Esp if it meant a
cinematic outcome like dodging an assassin's aimed shot to the head from
that kind of range. Of course the assassin would be firing at DX -7 for
range and -6 for the headshot.