Re: (TFT) The Space Gamer (tft@brainiac.com)

"Wonder if we're all just passing around the exact same magazines to each
other"

You know, I'd laugh harder at this if it didn't strike me as ringing so
true. A good scan is hard to find, for me at least and I was literally
raised in libraries (ugh surprised by pun... the Grue got me there... and I
literally know better than to go stampeding straight for the term literally
like uh, like um... uhhhh I like turtles. So Jay Joyce I ain't... I've been
considering ways to stem the mighty flow from the intellectual pressure
generated from my trickle of cluelessness approach to getting of my ass 'n
doing it. Nothing in that sentence says a thing about doing it with class,
grace, civility or umpteen other superlatives I wish I'd been capable of
pulling off in this whole process but due to me managing to chalk up a rare
point in a moral victory that saw the Multi-verse balk first in a lil game
of chicken and rather than wait me out decided to just come get me and
somehow Jay's become a gainfully employed member of society by mistake
running the dispatching for a shipping concern. Work from the house but
have to activate the transformer's phone... payback for those years of
ignored calls I guess but twas a pretty good run anyway and I still get to
hang in my castle space... Oh sweet Jebuzus I have no idea why I just told
that really... I'z trying to get to self editing approaches till I fell off
into "what I did over the summer" stuff which I've not a clue as to where
that was supposed to go... It was supposed to get me too the Dyker ITL ocr
scan I've come across in the oddest spots and my light being turned back on
at tunnels end as the budget restraints are slowly lifting and that's gonna
result in perhaps at last a decent
print/scan/fax/coffeemaker/breadmaker/dishwasher/doomsday device all in one
deal for proper page imaging... Shoebox transfer service gets a dozen plus
boxes of god only knows what scraps and scribbles and may raise their fees
due to me cause "I" sure don't wanna scan a whole lotta napkins, envelope
backs, backs of random receipts and even a few loose notebook pages...
we're at very least gonna firm up their definition of what a document
consists of cause the e-mail suggests that not only are multi page docs
counted as a single but supposedly my notes can be lumped together as the
notes doc... guess I must have gotten a tad obsessive in saving jottings
and a bunch of the randomness isn't referenced so that's limiting it's
serviceability for sure but to try and real this back on in I'm trying to
get out that my last stint of ebay and a few obscure web fronts turned up
what I'm now sure are quite a few counterfit copies that bug my, don't
laugh, moral sensiblities. Yeah, I got something going on anyway that I
term such and from a starving artist pov I'm quite sure that my whatever is
quite a bit more... flexible than others who've taken different paths and
Jay's something of a solo act hermiting so long that I'll find myself
missing social cues and communication signals its assumed I should pick up
on but on the opposite hand my full focus can be a bit too intense for some
folks so there's a lot of social tightrope walking balance to pick back up
on like my loose use of copyrighted materials that I've chosen to access
material I don't own to review it mostly for my knowledge sake and I don't
play what I don't purchase nor do I keep the material more than a read and
sometimes a review and have only copied out a handful of tables and charts
all of which (I think... haven't checked in awhile since I haven't grabbed
any new stuff in a while so don't take that as read) I can get in various
document/spread sheet/etc formats... I just like my notebooks. So these
have been a bit of an issue till I found the new carriers of the sacred
flames online and (if legit) Space Gamer archive access for a couple of saw
bucks a month? These articles are certainly more hold on to worthy when
their good or authored by SJ on the topic of Game Design which is
credentials enough for my likes. The pool, or the pond... either one would
be good for me, and the proper access for a reasonable fee is always in
order... and I won't hit the big sellers right now either ergo I've still
never seen any of this Pathfinder business though I've taken a few
advocates to task for... well... uhhhh, here we go;

Aaron Burke 2 weeks ago
I dunno... I played a 10th level Bard in Pathfinder who fulfilled every
role of the party except for DPS, and he fulfilled them all BETTER than the
"dedicated" role characters. Need a tank? How about 35 AC, a 20% miss
chance, mirror image, and parry. Need diplo? Obvious. Need healing? Done.
Need buffs? Done. Need stealth? Please. How about a post-result bonus to
that saving throw you failed? Or NPC mind blank? With a +20 or more in
almost every skill,o;? it was pretty ridiculous.
 Reply  B7  Vote UpVote Down

Jay Carlisle
Jay Carlisle 3 days ago
Wait just a second there... this Pathfinder dealieo actually has "DPS" or
did you just get digitalo;? peanut butter on my analogue chocolate bunny? Go
on Borr's, chop it's head off..

So anyway the problem boils down to what stuff do I actually own and what
should I count as getting burned and chunk? I mean if I can't ready access
a retail copy especially knowing copies are floating out there and I could
end up with another copy. Well I wanna show the same respect I'd hope to
get as I ain't gonna be rich off any of this but everybodys gotta eat at
least. I sure don't wanna hit ANYBODY there, not to mention the more
content I can help to encourage out in this ol world the better for my
community and my hobby going forward. I still must snag the Dark City stuff
for example and Joel's been talklin some something I've not referenced
before... can't bring it to mind... uhhhh longbows maybe? Goes along with
the sheets he's been sweatin... oh yeah... formats. I'm supposed to try and
squeeze some psychobabble rap in on it here if I can get shed of the
politics for today... ughhh, but it's wanted so SURE let's have the lunatic
rant lyrical on the state of the union today, that ought to provoke a whole
other lever of loony... and homeland security. I'll tell y'all that story
afterwhile