(TFT) Supporting TFT

SORRY!  I did not mean to start an argument.  Aki, and others, thank you
very much for defending DCG.  David, thank you for your perspective on this
forum.  As a forum, it's important to exchange ideas and views.

David is right about several things, one of them being that I went into this
with eyes open.  DCG is truly a labor of love, and not necessarily run as a
business, though in 2012 (finally) we covered our operating expenses.

There are three significant rewards to creating the DCG adventures.  The
first is when my eight year-old son will actually leave his computer games
to sit down at the table and play TFT/DCG adventures with old Dad!  The
second is when Bret and I get together and plan adventures or review
submissions and prepare them for release.  The third, which is perhaps the
most moving, is when a complete stranger sends me an email, saying that he
really enjoys our games!  Those three things are priceless, and cannot be
quantified by money.

I specifically do NOT advertise our games on this forum, because I view this
forum with a bit of a nostalgic sanctity.  Perhaps as a result of that, most
of the people on the forum do not buy our games, and the vast majority of
our customers don't even know that this forum exists.

DCG *does* support TFT though.  Once you run out of the old MicroQuests,
there's nowhere else to go.  We continue to produce adventures for the
system, which keeps TFT alive.  That we ask for people to purchase the
games, allows us to pay our excellent artists for the cover art, their
internal art, piece art, and the manuscripts that we are fortunate enough to
have people submmit.

That being said, I will address David's request to get stuff for free.  If
you are on this forum, you want free adventures (in addition to our free
downloadable adventures), and you can document current financial duress,
please email me off-line and we will stuff to you.

Anyway, once again, I apologize for starting an argument--I didn't mean to
do so.  We're all here because we love TFT, and the memories of what it did
for us when we were young.

I would suggest that if you really want to support TFT, play it with your
kids and nephews and nieces :-)