RE: (TFT) Supporting TFT with Nostalgia Goggles On

Thanks David!

I agree, we're all in this for the same thing.  And I appreciate your
candor.

I first got into TFT back in the late 1970's.  I LOVED it!  D&D was too
complicated, and by comparison, TFT was much more elegant and playable.  I
was so disappointed when Metagaming folded.

Then in the 1980's, GURPS put out several of the Conan adventures, and I
enjoyed "Queen of the Black Coast," though the other ones didn't really
appeal to me that much.  Did you guys ever play that one?  Then I went
through a phase where I kind of gave up on it when I was single and in the
Navy.

This forum is really great because it gives us old-timers a chance to
reminisce and for me at least, it brings back really fond memories.  My
oldest boy (now 23) loves the TFT concept, and I had fun playing with him
while he was growing up.  Now he's on his own, stationed in Hawaii.

My two younger boys (4 & 8) are enjoying the Lord of the Rings miniatures,
and the 8yo is already playing TFT and DCG adventures with me.  The problem
is that the little brother (4) feels left out, so when we start a game it
gets interrupted.

Anyway, sorry to diverge...