Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V4 #393

As you have initially identified it in formal terms, I suggest "The
Bofinger Paradox"

--Thomas

On 8/3/14, David Bofinger <bofinger.david@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's the fundamental dilemma of most role-playing. In each fight it's
> generally desirable there be a chance of character death, because that is
> exciting, but undesirable that any player character actually die, because
> that resets too many role playing relationships,  including back story.
>
> Is there a sort of official name for this problem?
>
> --
> David
>
> =====

"Do not imagine that, if something is hard for you to achieve, it is
therefore impossible for any man: but rather consider anything that is
humanly possible and appropriate to lie within your own reach too." --
Marcus Aurelius