(TFT) Re: Nostalgia

Everyone talking about the good ol' days thought I would post this right quick.

I do not know the legallity of possession of any of these items, I can just say I aquired these over the years. Not sure from where, but they are out there. Google - The Way Back Machine and that is a good starting point. I know besides these items I have found all of the old Space Gamers (well 80%+) of em in pdf as well as Compute and several other magazines from the late 70's and early 80's.

Microgames from Microgaming

And TFT Games

All of these pdf's that I have found were made from EXCELLENT CONDITION copies and are great pdf's.

Several years ago, well now that I look at things closer to ten years ago, I went to CRAZY EGOR'S GAME EMPORIUM and bought a lot of the old Microgames and have them in unopened packages in a box that I pull out from time to time and drool over. I purchased used editions at the same time that I could play. In 2012 he had to sell his big store and discontinued his want list. However, he still runs an ebay store which has tons of great materials still.

http://www.crazyegors.4t.com/ is the base website with some notes, etc.
http://stores.ebay.com/Crazy-Egors is his ebay store. (Talk about drooling).

I also do a lot through www.DrivethroughRPG.com they have reprint rights to publish some of the older games in pdf. I got the original Traveller series through them.

Just keep your eyes open and hearts wanting and you will find things that bring back the good ol' days.

Always enjoyed running Melee/Wizard as strictly a hack-n-slash quick in/out game session and never used it for roleplaying. At one time my group would sometimes substitute Melee/Wizard combat rules in AD&D and Twilght 2000 games in order to make things progress quicker. So much that can be done with the old games. I remember using Micromachine cars for CAR WARS, they were 1" in length and fit the CAR WARS scale rules perfectly. We would use an old train table with roads, tracks, city buildings etc to run our CAR WARS games on. Talk about realism, so much more than many minatures used way back then.

Anyway, THANK YOU EVERYONE for giving me some repreive from the daily grind and bringing back so many great memories.

Take care and HAVE FUN! Life is to short to worry about Would of, Could of, Should of, just do it and have fun doing it and that is all that matters.

Kevin