(TFT) Disengaging

I'm sure we've talked about this, but I only just noticed that in my copy of Advanced Melee figures may disengage from enemies with a lower adjDX than themselves without any attack. My copy of Melee has the rule I've always used which is that they get a free attack on the disengaging figure with a die roll modifier equal to the difference in adjDX (its harder to hit the enemy but not impossible).

What's the official "final" rule? It seems unfair to just let high DX figures always disengage in a 1 on 1 fight.