Re: (TFT) Hanging Magic in TFT.

I think, for me, one of the drivers for wanting to hang spells is to allow w
izards to participate in combat without increasing their vulnerability to de
ath from a slight scratch, which is the reality in TFT. In a TFT-inspired ga
me I'm working on, I solved this by relying on ambient magical energy that a
 gifted wizard can draw upon the cast spells.

Like vanilla TFT, a spell can be cast entirely using fatigue. Alternatively,
 some or all can come from the ambient energy.

This option is available to characters who, at creation, choose the talent/a
bility to draw upon the ambient magic. To further limit the available power,
 the quantity varies by location. In most places, a wizard can draw only 1or
 2 ST per turn to power spells. There may be rare places with more energy av
ailable, but few wizards will want to invest the experience points needed to
 take advantage of these rare phenomena.

Relying on external, but limited, magical power reduces the need for any spe
cial spells as any magic can be fueled this way. To open the door for more p
owerful spells, I included the option for rituals (e.g. a minutes-long chant
 that draws a little magic at a time to build up the spell) that can magnify
 the effect of existing spells.

I'd be happy to copy more details for my working draft if there's interest.

Rich

Sent from Rich's iPhone