Re: (TFT) Generic Weapon Table

I think the first thing to do when generating new rules is to ask yourself,
and write down as clearly as you can, why you are doing this and what you
are trying to achieve.

In this case I'm guessing the answer is something like, "I want to
interpolate the standard table, to fill in the gaps, and also to provide
high strength one-handed weapons." But I'm not sure. Since I don't know
what you are trying to achieve its very hard to say whether you have
succeeded.

My feeling is that the present table has severe issues, such as the general
superiority of polearms at higher strength. A new system probably needs to
fix those problems, rather than just duplicating them.

I note with surprise that you can throw two-handed polearms. Have I
interpreted that correctly? And there's bows,  but no crossbows?

---
David