Re: (TFT) Melee tournament Champion of Champions FINAL ROUND

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Peter von Kleinsmid <pvk@oz.net> wrote:

> Of course, I am interested in a rematch without the "fine quality" 1d+2
> spear, with a "proper" AM 2d halberd, and with polearms going first in
> charges, and the +4 to hit people who haven't got up yet after being
> knocked down. I'm guessing Nudems the Halberdier will make more of an
> impact. I'm curious with those adjustments how the spear and halberd rank.
>
> So far, the results with these rules don't make pole weapons seem so
> great, especially if you denied the fine spear.

OK, I made a shinier version of the simulator that has:

   - spear at 1+1 instead of 1+2
   - fixed the +4 dx when enemy is prone (knocked down or picking up weapon)
   - two pole wielders will both now charge instead of both defend.
   - verbose (step-by-step) output goes to the page instead of the
   JavaScript console.

I still let the fight go on when one person breaks a weapon, because,
believe it or not, sometimes heavily armored fights will result in a tie
(i.e., BOTH heroes break a weapon).

The latest version at the URL below should look better on mobile devices
(Bootstrap), and has a button to stop the simulation (in case you didn't
realize that 10000 bouts for the entire arena of fighters would take a long
time or overheat your phone and you don't feel like killing the browser
from the operating system -- been there, done that).

Again, this link won't last forever: bit.ly/melee-sim-test

I didn't touch the old version, so it's still at the link I posted before.