Re: (TFT) Spear vs. Shortsword maneuvers

Okay sorry about that I just checked my rule book and we had made the cha
nge to three hexes as a house rule.  The reason was that the physics just
 don't work if I rush from 4 feet away I haven't generated enough force.
 You simply can't build up to the speed in that amount of space even with
 a sharp stick.

 In that case the only time you would not get the charge is where sword g
ot initiative from outside 5 hexes,  had spear move first then ran to a s
ide hex (certainly possible but not guaranteed), and then on the next ini
tiative roll sword also wins and shifts into the front hexes making spear
 engaged and unable to charge.  If using these rules it makes avoiding a
charge very difficult.

 Again I have always used 3 hexes in the general direction (no straight h
ex line limit) for charges so getting within 3 hexes negated the charge o
r hitting (actual damage) them from the side or rear (another house rule
to avoid the unrealistic reactions).

                 Edward Kroeten
                   Farmers Agent

                   7100 Stevenson Blvd Suite 105