Re: (TFT) Spear vs. Shortsword maneuvers

Bigger impact running and driving a spear, but to give you something ever
yone has had some experience with.  Take a log or piece of wood then hit
it with an axe (the biggest you have). That concussive force is greater t
han a spear thrust.  I fully admit that it is spread over a broader surfa
ce, and it is not impaling damage but it gives you a idea getting hit wit
h a spear hurts even with padding we used (and blunted weapons).

 Getting past the point usually takes time to set up (at least a second o
r two) to feint and then move in if you screw it up its like rolling a 6
in HTH (autohit) as you just jumped on the point.  But if he is not thrus
ting right at that second you can recover.

 Neil is right once you get past the point you can still use the shaft to
 either defend or attack (think bad fighting in Phantom Menace).  Also th
e butt can be used (now think Quarter staff), that being said the advanta
ge is with the shorter weapon now.  I can say all this but it really depe
nds upon the relative skill of the two people and what dirty tricks they
know.  In general, running at anyone out of control is an easy way to com
mit suicide.

                 Edward Kroeten
                   Farmers Agent

                   7100 Stevenson Blvd Suite 105