Re: (TFT) Animated TFT Battles

Encylopedia as Rules.

Encumbrance, a good race Horse, and "A Place For My Stuff".

1 HP = 550lbs lift 1ft per second.
1 HP = 110lbs lift 5ft per second.

39.37 in per meter
1.3m = 52.49in ~ 4.3ft
1 HP ~ 130lbs lift 1hex per second or 5 hexes per turn.
2 HP moves 130lbs 10 hexes in 1 turn.

Joe Average
[HTH 1d-3 Dam, max 3]
ST 10 * 10 lbs = 100lbs force * 6 (1 die) = 600lbs max force / 100lbs
(1pt Dam) = 6pts max (this allows for relative ST)Dam -3 (bare hands)
= 3pts max HTH dam.

Comparison Examples;
TFT           ST 10     ST 15     ST 20    ST 25      ST 30
Swim        -  20lbs     30lbs     40lbs    50lbs      60lbs
MA 8        -  30lbs     45lbs     60lbs    75lbs      90lbs
MA 6, -1 DX -  40lbs     60lbs     80lbs   100lbs     120lbs
MA 4, -2 DX -  50lbs     75lbs    100lbs   125lbs     150lbs
Carry       -  70lbs    105lbs    140lbs   175lbs     210lbs
Lift        - 100lbs    225lbs    400lbs   625lbs     900lbs
Shift       - 250lbs   562.5lbs   1000lbs 1562.5lbs  2250lbs

Nat Geo "Science of Obesity", 'set point' weight.

ST to Bodyweight
10 * 10 - 100 Featherweight 60 kg (132.25 lb) S 292 lbs. J 368 lbs.
130 lbs bodyweight (Joe Average)
15 * 15 - 225 Super-hvywt Over 110 kg (242.5 lb) S 442 lbs. J 564.25 lbs.
260 lbs bodyweight
20 * 20 - 400
390 lbs bodyweight
25 * 25 - 625
520 lbs bodyweight
30 * 30 - 900
650 lbs bodyweight
This is 26 lbs per 1pt ST

650 lbs is roughly twice the maximum weight ever recorded 1187 lbs (6'2").
Weights of up to 1400 lbs have been estimated.
1069 lbs is undisputed, Robert Earl Hughes 6' 0.5".

8'11.1" (9ft) tallest person, Robet Wadlow.
Mr. Wadlows weight @9' was 439lbs, with 491 lbs being his largest
recorded weight.

Goliath of Gath (c. 1060 BC) 6 cubits (inner elbow to tip of middle
finger, measured by Joe Average) and 1 span (distance from tip of
thumb to tip of pinkie across a spread palm) or a tad over nine and a
half feet tall (2 hexes).

Angus MacAskill 7'9" non-pathological.

Encumbrance Levels (Joe Average body weight to Horsepower)
130, 260, 390, 520, 650, 780, 910, 1040, 1170, 1300, 1430, 1560, 1690,
1820, 1950, 2080, 2110, 2240
Ouch, I'm off by 10lbs.
I'll call it wiggle room and count it good.
That's 18 encumbrance levels @130lbs per level to cover ST30 Shift.
2370 and 2500(1.25 tons) make levels 19 and 20.
ST 30 Shifts 3/4 its ST in ELs.
ST 20 Shifts 2/5 its ST in ELs.
ST 10 Shifts 1/5 its ST in ELs.

Encumbrance as Horsepower
Horsepower, unit of power in the English system, for measuring the
rate at which an engine or other prime mover can perform mechanical
work. It is usually abbreviated hp. Its electrical equivalent is 746
watts, and the heat equivalent is 2545 British thermal units per hour.
One horsepower was originally defined as the amount of power required
to lift 33,000 pounds 1 foot in 1 minute, or 550 foot-pounds per
second.
Scottish engineer and inventor James Watt established this value for
the horsepower after determining in practical tests that horses could
haul coal at the average rate of 22,000 foot-pounds per minute. He
then arbitrarily raised this figure by a factor of one-half to
establish the current value. In the metric system, 1 horsepower is
sometimes called force de cheval or cheval-vapeur and is defined as
4500 kilogram-meters per minute, which is equivalent to 32,549
foot-pounds per minute, or 0.986 of the English horsepower unit.
Three different horsepower values are used to quote the performance of
an engine: (1) Indicated horsepower is the theoretical efficiency of a
reciprocating engine, which is determined from the pressure developed
by the cylinders of the engine; (2) brake or shaft horsepower is more
commonly used to indicate the practical ability of the engine, or the
maximum performance, which is the indicated horsepower minus the power
lost through heat, friction, and compression; (3) rated horsepower is
the power that an engine or motor can produce efficiently for
sustained periods of time.
Electric motors are capable of surges of power far in excess of their
rated horsepower (see Electric Motors and Generators). British
automobile engines are classified in rated horsepower, but their brake
horsepower may be four to six times the rated horsepower. The power
output of American automobile engines is quoted in brake horsepower,
most being rated between 60 and 200 horsepower.

"Horsepower," Microsoft(R) Encarta(R) 98 Encyclopedia. (c) 1993-1997
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

ST 10
  EL     TFT ST  Horsepower
> 1/5    20      26 lbs   (1/6 21.6 lbs)
> 1/4    30      32.5 lbs
> 1/3    40      43.3 lbs
> 2/5    50      52 lbs   (1/5 = 26 lbs)
> 1/2    70      65 lbs
> 3/4    100     97.5 lbs (1/4 = 32.5 lbs)
> 2      250     260 lbs
There's that pesky 10lbs again.
I'm obviously not trying for accuracy.
Remember however;
"In the metric system, 1 horsepower is sometimes called force de
cheval or cheval-vapeur and is defined as 4500 kilogram-meters per
minute, which is equivalent to 32,549 foot-pounds per minute, or 0.986
of the English horsepower unit."
So fudging both ends ought to help a bit.
Let's call it renormalizing, lol.

ST 15 EL
> 1/4
> 1/3
> 1/2
> 3/5   (78 lbs)
> 4/5   (104 lbs)
> 1 3/4 (227.5 lbs)
> 4 1/3 (563.3 lbs)

ST 20 EL
> 1/3
> 1/2
> 3/5
> 3/4 (97.5 lbs)
> 1   (bleah)
> 3   (390 lbs) (see bleah)
> 8   (1040 lbs)

ST 25 EL
> 2/5
> 3/5
> 3/4
> 1
> 1 1/3
> 4 4/5
> 12 1562.5 lbs (1560 lbs)

ST 30 EL
> 1/2
> 3/4
> 1
> 1 1/5  150 lbs  (156 lbs)
> 1 2/3  210 lbs  (216.6 lbs)
> 7      900 lbs  (910 lbs)
> 17 1/3 2250 lbs (2253.3 lbs)

Horsepower into Encumbrance pounds.
1/20 HP = 6.5 lbs
1/15 HP = 8.6 lbs
1/10 HP = 13 lbs
1/5 (4/20) HP = 26 lbs
6.5
1/4 (5/20) HP = 32.5 lbs
10.8
1/3 (5/15) HP = 43.3 lbs
21.7
1/2 (5/10) HP = 65 lbs
65
1   HP = 130 lbs

TFT Horses Vs Laura Hillenbrands' "Seabiscuit".

I'll leave the first sentence to IQ.

Horse Ranges
ST 14 - 38
DX 11 - 15
IQ 5 - 6
MA 20 - 30 (x4 = 80 - 120 (16 - 24hexes per round))
Up to 1450lbs and sustained speeds upwards of 40mph.
> 58.6ft per second or round.
> 293.3ft per turn.
> 65 - 70hexes per turn. (7.2 to 7.7 Battle Maps per Turn)
> 13 - 14hexes per round.

9 hexes (avg of 8 hexes e/w & 10 hexes n/s sts) * 7.5 BM = 67.5 hexes

Megahex centered around Figure in question.
Megahex fixed.
If fixed, hexes have history.
Megahex drift (up and right) (corialas effect, south hemisphere down
and right, wait scratch that, reverse it, lol)

Battle Map as hex.
Battle Map side/# hexes
1/6, 2/5.5, 3/5.5, 4/6, 5/5.5, 6/5.5
sts = n/s oreintation

{you can't imagine something diffrent than the world without imagining
the world first}

I am Indie with his pistol and the rest are still swinging swords.
I like swordplay, so I only shoot the ones that threaten.

I find that I start with an ideal of my goal.
IF I put effort into it, I find that I have to make compromises to
"make it work".
I have a poor ability to stand back and assess my goal while trying to
"make it work".
This makes it easy to loose my ideal.
I wonder if this happens to anyone else?