Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V4 #463

Got the errata
Thanks
And I got the IQ 7 for ProotWiz'es although they may not actually be
proots if the tribe runs them off... anyway, I'z musing as to what
this might mean looking toward IQ 1 spells, if suchathing exists at
all that is...
IDK... Let's just say when testing defenses I find a fruitful first
start often comes from targeting the assumptions... For general
discussion I often describe "Magic" as the ability to call a virtual
particle of specific traits into being via vacuum genesis as the root
concept being manipulated but that's just one possibility that serves
more to show how much such a concept can influence the idea as opposed
to say sympathetic magic that may be heavy on components and the
correct verbal, gestural, procedural components to enact which is
different from blood magic and yada yada yada... what's magic is
affecting and area, perhaps at a distance, with an effect, and often
with force intent on causing damage and whateverelse is lumped into
the idea of the basic units on "Magic".
I'm not talking about being "right" or comparing ideas so much as
trying to point out that a LOT of core concepts are a bit... shaky
objectively speaking and I think that the shared participation in
what's in effect a story when the play is through is a major factor in
why a tabletop face to face soul rubbing RPGing gets a nod as a valid
form of artistic expression albeit it's hard to say how limited the
potential might be... and la la la, who knows? Still from that
approach I find a clear expression of the basic "building blocks"
helps in focusing each different Players visualization of what's
happening into that shared gestalt of play.
Uhhhh game as model railroad. There's the top of the model and there's
underneath the model and both are needed for the displays that attract
the largest number of peoples attention... or describe the target
interest group better if going that way with it the idea being not
having a bunch of scenery guys show up to the experimental wiring
wingding... not as likely to have everybody enjoy the focus that
way...