Re: (TFT) Megahex definition

Ah, well if you're using square megahexes then the missile range increment
would be 2*sqrt(7.5) ~ 5.48.

Square megahexes are a really nice idea.

> But if you like the solution, and want to make it 5 hexes, have at it!
> Just shortens the range of the bows, that's all.

Well, slightly. But not as much as using 6 would lengthen it. Anyway,
archers are always over-endowed with adjDX so it's probably a good thing to
slap some negatives on them.

"Count the hexes, divide by five, round down, stick a minus sign in front"
is pretty simple, and as accurate a description as anything else I've seen.
It also gives the correct answer for someone standing in the middle of
their megahex and shooting at shortish range, which divide-by-6 doesn't.
All in all I can't see why anyone would want to use 6 rather than 5.

--
David

On 8 December 2015 at 09:51, Craig Barber <craigwbar@comcast.net> wrote:

> OMG!  You made my day, someone remembers square megahexes!
>
> On 12/7/2015 11:21 AM, Marc Gacy wrote:
>
>> Hi Jay,
>>
>> Many of your map excursions look like mine (hexes on a globe), squares o
>> hexes, etc.!
>>
>> For everyone,
>>
>> As to Megahexes, for those who still like to use them, but want rooms th
at
>> are not slanted, there are always "square meagahexes" to have your cake
>> and
>> eat it too.
>>
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~marcgacy/TFT/Hexes_1inch.pdf
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~marcgacy/TFT/Hexes_p75inch.pdf
>>
>> (these roughly translate to 10 ft corridors, which is about the right
>> scale
>> if I remember correctly (1 hex
>> I think Mhexes are a great way to "scale up" a battle easily ala Lords o
>> Underearth"
>> http://tft.brainiac.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n
>> Marc's scaling:
>> 1 T-hex
>> Even though Lords of Underearth says it is 8 Mhexes across, it could ver
>> easily be a "G-hex" instead which is then 100% decomposable to hexes.
>>
>> ᐧ
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Jay Carlisle <maou.tsaou@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOVFgDVVjt3PqCDK2p4E5FEtgc4FO6uxMnd
>>>
>> sYuSJxASvvqWXEN9jXGZ1-Ym-dF3w?key�NfZFFlWjNSUXlYdFNSdGRXaEs3SUpZ
RE12dlB