Re: (TFT) New TFT rules posted. Revised HTH rules.

Hello Rick
Never feel your words are dropping into a black hole. I can say for
certain that I read and enjoy them.  I don't get to play TFT as often as
I'd like, and with some very young players (including some bright 10-12
yr olds) not a lot of opportunities yet for introducing variations.
They're just starting to get up to speed with spells.

But for example, a few weeks ago, we ran a giant melee in front of a
castle wall (running the old Orcslayer module). If I had read your rune
stone rules earlier, I would have incorporated some of those effects,
just to illustrate that the (simulated) world contains, or used to
contain, wonders and powers that the players can't yet understand. One
change I did incorporate was the more powerful Ward spell.

So that's point (A). Point (B) is that it's inspiring to see your
creations whether I use them or not. For example, I have never liked the
HTH rules. Or maybe more exactly, I have never liked HTH combat. The
counters flip over and the map becomes lifeless. The zones of control,
or facing rules, that make melees so tactical and war-gamy, disappear.
So reading some of your changes makes me think about how I might change
things myself, maybe just to eliminate it altogether. But whatever, as I
say it is great to see someone thinking about thoughtful changes and
additions.

Keep em coming!
Rob