Re: (TFT) At last, Environmental Magics in TFT.

These environmental spells are mostly anti-magic in nature. Unfortunately
that means they tend to be a couple of steps removed from on-map effects.
As Andreas points out, they would be a lot more useful to NPCs than
PCs.None of that sounds like a lot of fun.

It seems like natural magical abilities, like the ability of a demon to
teleport, or of a gargoyle or dragon to fly, should be affected.

To me the most interesting spells are those that actually affect people -
the zone of lingering, for instance. I would like to see more spells like
that: a spell that makes the atmosphere resistant to missiles so that range
penalties are increased and/or damage reduced by range; a spell that
reduces or increases everyone's MA; a spell that affects pain and hence
knockdowns and DX mods due to damage; spells that make melee attacks more
difficult; spells that make some or all damage inflicted of the non-lethal
kind; spells that once a turn move everyone one hex in a random direction
and change their facing one hexside.

--
David