(TFT) Randomness in WW - warp war is a great game.

Hi Joe, everyone.
  Warp war is a system where a tiny change can result in a huge
change in results. For example, changing the relative speed of
two ships by one can switch you from a Hit +2 to a Miss.

  When you have a chaotic system and two players giving secret
orders, trying to out guess each other, then you DO have
randomness.

  Now I admit, when in WW I pick a set of tactics and speeds for
my ships and succeed in hitting the enemy hard and have him
miss me completely, I FEEL like I am a genius who has out
smarted the enemy.  But I don't pretend that it was a luckless
combat system.  I won't argue if you claim that it has less luck
than most war games that use dice, but it is certainly not luckless.

  If I ever get my new WW game designed, I will use dice,
simply because they are a hundred times faster than plotting
and writing down each turn of combat.

  I also am tempted to pull out WW again.  For those who have not
looked at my rules, I strongly recommend you do so.  I think that
they make a good game great, by fixing many of the problems
that WW runs into if the game goes long.

  Warm regards, Rick.