(TFT) So HOW does Great ST work?

Hi Jeff, everyone.
  OK, let us look at Boiled Leather armor:  From the tables, it looks

like this....

B. Leather	–3 hits, 	–3 DX, 	–2 MA,  $175,  12 kg,
Threshold # is 15 ST, No Negatives Number is 19 ST.

  So the situation is this:

If your 	DX 		MA
ST is:	Neg.	Neg.
-------------------------------
14 or
less......  -3 DX ...... -2 MA		// Normal penalties

15.........  -2 DX ...... -2 MA		// Threshold #.

16.......... -2 DX ...... -1 MA

17.......... -1 DX ...... -1 MA

18.......... -1 DX ...... +0 MA

19 or ..... +0 DX...... +0 MA		// No Neg. #.
more

  So once you hit the Threshold #, the armor starts to affect you less.

  The first penalty reduced is DX (if you have DX negatives), then it
alternates between DX and MA.  If one runs out first, each extra ST
reduces the remaining penalty by one.  When all penalties are gone
you are at the No Negatives Number.

  You are welcome to treat all of this as optional.  Or you could ignore
Threshold # and simply say that when you hit the No Negatives #,
the armor instantly stops affecting you (going from full penalties to
no penalties in one ST increase).

  I found the armor rules in TFT's Advantages of Great ST to be very
arbitrary.  It only affected a few types of armor, and there were big
jumps
at strange, magic numbers.  My system is much more logical, but by its

nature, it is more complex.

  Thanks for the feedback,
  Rick.

On 2016-05-22, at 1:58 PM, Jeffrey Vandine wrote:

> Ah, that would be one reason why I was confused, but can you explain
why the Threshold number is LESS than the No Negatives number on your
armor table?  That is certainly contributing to my confusion...  ;-)