From: tft-admin@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-admin@brainiac.com] On Behalf Of
Rick Smith
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 9:01 AM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) Re: New Armor in TFT. John's comments and corrections.

Hi John.
  They work the same.  Calling them "Goblin Chain" and "Elven Chain"
allowed me to not have to call things, "Very Light Chain", "Light Chain",
"Not Quite So Light Chain", etc.

  I've heard of double mail and (I think) I heard augmented mail some where.
I have not idea if they are historical terms or something someone made up.
In any case, they only capture the idea of "this is heavier and better
chainmail".

  In general, my armor rules are very highly abstracted.  The layered armor
and armor for particular body parts in GURPS, just seemed like busy work,
which added nothing to the fun of the game.  In my game, people can get
light armor or heavy armor, which all works the same way, and I don't worry
about trying to make it more realistic than that.

  You are quite correct.  I've fixed the typo and uploaded it to the
website.

  Thank you very much for the help, it is appreciated.

  Warm regards, Rick.