Re: (TFT) Re: New Armor in TFT. -- Niels thoughts.

On 2016-05-25, at 7:23 AM, raito@raito.com wrote:
>> I can't personally speak to cloth, leather, chain and plate. I have worn
>> modern armor on the battlefield though so perhaps have some perspective.
>
> I can. I have worn medieval armour. A lot. ...
>
> I feel none at all in well-fitting armour. I think Rolemaster got it
> exactly right. Wearing armour is a skill. That's why I, a fat, slow old
> man, can wear his armour all day and feel no ill effects, while those
> young strong guys are puffing after an hour.

Hi Niels,
  Brainstorming here, but what would you think of a TFT talent
like this:

IQ 10
EXPERT ARMOR WEARER (1+)
Each memory point you spend on this talent reduces the DX
penalty of any armor you wear by one.

(Note with superscripts, one mIQ is not so dear as normal.)

If you do not like this talent, how would you adjust it?

> In my opinion, after my decades of experience, any system that tried to
> represent armour as a reduction in hits is too flawed to be realistic. ...

In early GURPS they had both Passive Defence and Damage
Resistance.  You see armor making you hard to hit as the way
to go?