Re: (TFT) Guns in TFT - A big expansion.

> > The biggest advantage of guns over arrows is that the guns penetrated
> > armour the arrows couldn't. I'm not sure how long it took for guns to get
> > that good.
>
> The weapons do a decent amount of damage, even at fairly low tech.

So apart from the TFT d6 dam progression issues what I found as a general
rule of thumb was the english longbow and smoothbore blackpowder smallarms
are back of the envelope equivalent in effective capabilities on a shot for
shot basis and this viewpoint has some support from the fact that armor was
proved with arrows and bolts as well as with rounds depending upon location
and expectations of future engagements meaning maybe the Frenchman goes
with a longbow arrow rather than arcubus round right before St Crispian's
day for that new armor test? IDK, but I can spit reference for this
assumption that suggests blackpowder and longbow are the same difference in
many ways mechanically speaking if that speking's about gameplay that is...

> > The standard TFT microbes are supposed to be something they have on
> > Cidri. In a game set somewhere else they might not exist. I think your
> > rules should be explicitly agnostic on the subject.
>
> Schrodinger's subject's existing or not depending upon what the Player's
trying to get away with by asking about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfur_metabolism

I was not impressed with the Cidri background, and never used it in my
> games.  Thus my rules tend to not mention them.  However, it is trivial
> for a GM to say that gunpowder does not age and go bad if he wants to
> do so.
>
> Why I use Earth as a gamerules example. Objective communication is
facilitated by Earth in ways Cidri cannot.

> > Sulfur-free powder does work. Not as well - some of the carbon dioxide
> > gets made into potassium carbonate
> > so there's less gas - but a larger charge of sulfur-free powder ought
> > to work more or less like regular powder.
> > At least, I can't see why it wouldn't. I guess there would be more
> > fouling. Maybe you want to ignore this inconvenient fact.
>
> That is interesting.  Currently (tho not discussed in my rules), G.P.
> weapons must be cleaned regularly to avoid fouling.  It would be an
> interesting trade off to have gunpowder which has less power, and
> fouls guns quicker, but is immune to going bad.  I may have some
> cultures in the slope have some of this long duration G. P. stored
> away in places.

Dynamite guns...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamite_gun

 The whole subjects crazy. See gun keys for instance. Yet what need for
fire drug in a world with the Aid spell?