Re: Welcome back.

Well, I ordered that Forests of Whatever module from diffworlds. So thanks for mentioning the site!

I'd really love to have original copies of this stuff, but of course what I'd actually like is a new, modern edition.

Because I could afford the latter, but not the former. :D

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 7:50:52 -0700
<drfaustus61@cox.net> wrote:

> I put the value of my Metagaming collection at about $3K.  I leaned on Ebay,
> BoardGameGeek and myself to estimate what each title would be worth if it
> were in mint condition and then applied a factor to determine the value of my
> copy.

That's considerably more than I would have thought!

> Of course, Ogre, GEV, Melee and Wizard were the big titles but there were
> some surprises as well. ( Godsfire comes to mind - a mint copy is selling on
> Amazon for $1600!!  OMG!!! ( I didn't use that value, in case you're wondering ) )

The value of something is what someone else is willing to pay :)
I went looking for Metagaming games on Amazon and have been having
quite a chuckle over some of these prices.