Absent the paladin, who is the main deal breaker in this scenario, the DM/GM might have built an interesting story by giving each faction a really strong motive to do something in the dungeon. e.g. "Look, I don't like you, you don't like me, and one of us will probably stab the other before the villain's body hits the floor. But we both need the villain dead before the solar eclipse on Tuesday, and neither of us is strong enough to beat him alone, so we're going to have to work together. Agreed?" "I swear it by all the torments I inflicted on your friend when I tortured him for your name." "Right ... guess that will have to do then." You need a DM/GM willing to take the idea and run with it, and a tolerance for PC deaths, but given those I think it could be a workable game.

--
David

On 27 Oct 2016 2:17 PM, <cofdublin@aol.com> wrote:
Hi Rick,
I was in a campaign (miniatures) where 1 of us was a Paladin, I a NG Fighter Bard, another good fighter, and 2 guys who insisted on playing evil characters. We reached a castle, ended up fighting some Orcs, if I'm not mistaken. No problem. Until... the evil mage resurrects one of the Orcs. The Paladin promptly dissolved the revenant & the evil mage taking exception to this attacked the Paladin. I clobbered the mage & we both took down the other evil guy; in 1 session completely finishing the game. Actually, everyone WAS playing in character once you suspended disbelief that such a party, under any circs could actually form. Didn't change the fact that the evil guys were much put out by the Paladin's actions. Sometimes you just get idiots who think that they can do anything they want, call it playing in character and then say that everyone else has to work around the totally stupid things they do, WITHOUT taking into account their own character's proclivities. Role playing successfully doesn't work that way.
Your guys were lucky that you didn't kill them and bury the bodies where they couldn't be found. In character, of course.
Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Smith <rick_ww@lightspeed.ca>
To: tft <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Wed, Oct 26, 2016 4:44 pm
Subject: Talking about psychopaths in Traveler (and TFT)

Hi Tom,
If it is rpg game related, or even game related, no one will mind.

I like picking descriptive subject lines. It make it easier to skip
those that don't interest people.

I was in a pbem rpg, (using TFT rules) and a couple of new players
were bored with a touchy negotiation with an enemy (representatives
of a crime lord we had been fighting). So they attacked them.

They said that they were just playing in character because they had
the berserk talent.

So I kicked them out of the party. They were so mad that they quit
the campaign.

:-/

Warm regards, Rick.