Re: Magic Item creation: Notes D thru H. What? What???

Hi Jeff,
  Thinking about your idea... if an item takes a long time to enchant,
we charge a premium.  So this extra price just is added to the wizard's
profit?  When discussing the wizard's profit, there is no mention that
these items give a bonus.

  Well, if ALL wizards did so, then everyone would have to pay them
after all.  But, a +2 Charm is an F type item (so there is a 30% surcharge
on the item).  But this increases based on the value of the UNDERLAYING
item!

  So a +2 Charm if cast on a ring (worth negligible), the charm costs
$100,000.  However, if the same +2 charm is cast on some fine armor
made out of Mithril, forged in the depths of time by the Dwarven gods,
then (since the non-magical armor is worth $1,000,000), casting the
charm now costs $400,000???

  It does not make sense to me.

  Thanks for replying.  But I am still puzzled.

  Warm regards, Rick.