Re: (TFT) Re:copyrights

At 11:50 PM 7/15/98 -0500, you wrote:

>If I am not mistaken copyrights are for a period of 14 years, meaning that
>if Steve Jackson, or another stakeholder, did not renew the copyright in
>1994, the product may be free of copyright.

You're confusing copyrights with patents.

The length of copyright terms can be rather confusing, because the law has
been changed several times in the past couple of decades. For works created
after 19XX (I'd have to look up XX) it's life *plus* fifty years.

IMO, that's excessive. Life *or* fifty years, whichever is longer, might be
fair, but half a century after the creator is dead is a bit extreme.

-- Jean

   Wintertree Software

http://www.wtsoft.com

    -=[ PLEASE DON'T FEED THE SPAMMERS ]=-
Boycott all junk emailers and Usenet spammers!