(TFT) Microgame

> Currently, it looks like we will be offering a pair of micro-format (4X7)
> games with 24 to 36-page rule booklets, 11 X 17 mapboards (square grid,
> not hex), flat counters, and weapon cards that are 100 percent compatible
> with the existing Pocket Fantasy rules. (In fact, this makes a great
> supertactical combat module for Pocket Fantasy, though it is designed to
> stand alone.) Plans are in the works for programmed adventures in this
> format as well. The first releases will have a medieval/fantasy theme,
> but we do plan several compatible games in other genres besides fantasy.
> (Your suggestions for topics are solicited. Superheroes, old west, and
> modern urban settings seem like naturals, but you tell us what you would
> enjoy.)

Do you want the low-down on some competition ?

Hero Games will release their WildStrike! super-hero arena combat game at
Gencon. It is very much a Microgame, sized at 5.5" x 8" and priced at US$10.
It includes colour map, colour character cards with stats on flip side and
colour stand-up cardboard figures. There is a b&w rulebook which uses their
Instant Fuzion system, a 4 stat RPG system, more like TFT or GURPS. It ties
into its big brother Champions:New Millennium RPG.

They've gone for the same angle as you, a fast-paced tactical combat game,
of course they are starting with super-hero genre as opposed to fantasy but
I can see them having that option soon if this release goes well.

Suggest you check out how it sells at Gencon to test the market ;-)

Cheers
Brad