Re: copywrong (was Re: (TFT) "Home Rule" updates)

I don't think we need to violate copyright to discuss such things on the list.

First off, brief quotes for the purposes of discussion are exactly what the
'fair use' rules are supposed to cover.  So that's not a violation of
copyright.

Secondly, copyright covers expression, but not ideas.  So it's not a problem
to paraphrase the rules, as long as the specific wording isn't copied.

I would feel uncomfortable with reproducing the articles in whole without
permission, though - especially if no effort is made to contact the author
first.  (The situation does make me wish for the equivalent of ASCAP for
written material, though.)

Warren Dew