(TFT) Re: Recent purchases - eBay.com

> Brett Slocum wrote:
> >
> > This included (from the same person):
> > Melee, Wizard, Grail Quest, Treasure of the Golden Unicorn, Master of the Amulets,
> > Orb Quest, Lords and Dragons of the Underearth, Advanced Wizard, and the TFT Screen.
> >
> > Also, Rivets.
>
> Why not share it?  ;-)  Actually, I figure the e-bay price would be well
> below the "ravenous uninformed bidder marketplace price"...  but on the
> other hand I don't think you'll find a lot of TFT stuff there either.

It's very up-and-down. Sometimes, you get bargains on eBay, sometimes the prices go *way*
too high. And you can find anything there in time.  I've only been on two months, and
I've gone a long way to establishing a classic Traveller collection (from nothing), a
TFT collection (from just AM, AW, ITL, and TL), and a microgame collection (from
Illuminati). Not to mention all the other games I've found.

> I highly recommend posting a WTB post to the frp newsgroup to see what
> kind of response you can get...  if you are patient, you can turn up
> most anything this way.

This method also avoids the bidding wars.
---
Brett Slocum <slocum@io.com> -- MiB #0666 (Minneapolis, MN - CL) -- ICQ #13032903
* Illuminated Sitekeeper for Steve Jackson Games
* GURPS site:   http://www.io.com/~slocum/gurps.html
* Tekumel site: http://www.io.com/~slocum/tekumel.html
"Ah'm yer pa, Luke." -- if James Earl Ray was the voice of Darth Vader