(TFT) Re: Quick Poll

Quick Poll

>What system did you go onto after TFT and why?
     RuneQuest.  I like the combat system.  The magic system is, IMO, too
convoluted, but then I usually like to run campaigns where real magic and
real wizards are scarce.  The magic in my campaigns tends to be potions
and powders, it is amazing what a sniff of the "magical" white powder can
do for a fighter going into combat.  Likewise, certain herbs can reduce
pain and speed healing.  Magic or herbal-alchemy, it depends on how it is
presented.  In civilized lands, the injured character seeks out a doctor
(or barber).  In the more exciting jungle, the witch-doctor does the
healing.
     You get the idea.
    BTW, Runequest uses a system tha allows for partial armor and hit
locations that is similar to what I was trying to do on my own for ITL.
I hated it that a shield took only two points awat from an arrow.  It
should either stop the arrow or let it through.

               -------------------------------
                       John Hill /;->
                     WarPlayer@aol.com
               -------------------------------
Can you draw out leviathan with an hook?
Can you fill his skin with barbed irons? or his head with fish spears?
Lay your hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more.
His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.
Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
His breath kindles coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.
When he raises himself up, the mighty are afraid
The sword of him that attacks him cannot hold:
   the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon.
He esteems iron as straw, and brass as rotten wood.
Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear.