(TFT) First playtest of Melee Gladiators

My fellow droog Larry the Gun Toting Psycho dropped by last night, and
we hauled out all my pretty little 15mm gladiator figures and a big hex
map to stage a gladiatorial combat using Melee combat rules.

It proved to be tons of fun.  Most of the rules for the quirkier
gladiator weapons (cestii, net and trident, lasso, et. al.) are
surprisingly well detailed in Advanced Melee.  The big mental effort was
staging a "ladder" for the contest and trying to get all the combats in
quickly.

We used my sectional armor approach I posted here about three weeks
ago... not too tedious, though it added to gladiator creation time.

We're going to do this again soon, I'll try to remember to take pictures
to post on the web.