Re: (TFT) Microquests

Most of my experience is as a GM, but I've done some of them solitaire too.
Anyway, here's my take on it.

>MicroQuests - which ones have you played?

As a player, DT1 & DT2.
As a GM, the DTs, Grail, Silver Dragon, and Security Station.

>Which ones did you like most?

Security Station has to be my fave so far, though I have a weakness for
techno-fantasy anyway. The "metals limitation" was inspired and kept my
players from being quite as powerful as they were used to being. That being
said, they had trouble accepting large spools of copper wire as treasure. >:)

>Least?

Silver Dragon. I dunno, maybe the whole Toltec thing didn't gel for me the
first time. After having studied Mesoamerican culture (and having played
excellent exploration adventures like Voyage Of The Pandora), I'm looking
forward to playing it again with a new perspective.
The Death Tests get old quite quickly, however, and I don't think much can
revitalise them after a few trips through.

>Did you play them solitaire exclusively, or use them as a basis
>for a fuller RPG experience?

They were played with characters from our continuing RPG, but there was no
other attempt to integrate them into the game world. Possibly because much
of my game world was invented from whole cloth and not set on Cidri.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a nice game of GM'd OrbQuest after this
whole microgame contest is over.

Howard K.