(TFT) Re: Firearms

From: "Scott A. Johnson" <calaban@inwave.com>

> I am working on a Darkest Africa project, I want to do some real small
> skirmishes, large ones and roleplaying. I am probably going to use melee
> for the skirmish rules and tft for the roleplaying. I was wondering if
> anybody out there has had any experience with using firearms in the
> melee system, and how it worked.

We had several players use the various gunpowder weapons from TFT, including arquebus,
blunderbuss, grenades, and, on at least one occasion, a petard. The unreliability of
gunpowder balances these weapons greatly. We did not find that they ruined the balance of
power in the campaign. Most parties only had one fusilier in them.
---
Brett Slocum <slocum@io.com> -- MiB #0666 (Minneapolis, MN - CL) -- ICQ #13032903
* Illuminated Sitekeeper for Steve Jackson Games
* GURPS site:   http://www.io.com/~slocum/gurps.html
* Tekumel site: http://www.io.com/~slocum/tekumel.html
"Ah'm yer pa, Luke." -- if James Earl Ray was the voice of Darth Vader