Re: (TFT) New Character Generation System

Personally, I fixed that another way - I modified the number of points IQ
allows you to allocate to Talents rather than change the cost of all the
Talents. It was easier and didn't make the system 'incompatible' with
anything else.

system.

I've always liked the DX adjustments as being a lot simpler to manage in a
game. Plus, they make a real balancing difference in combat. With GURPS,
the weight your carrying never really affects combat.

Handicap                        Worth
Acrophobia              2
Alcoholic               2
Asthma                  3
Blind                   4
Breakdancing/Buffoonery         1
Butterfingers           4
Choleric                        3
Claustrophobic          4
Cowardly                3
Cuteness                2
Denseness               1
Drowning                        1
Dyslexia                        1
Eunuch                  2
Fat                     Variable
Groveling               2
Gullible                        1
Hard Of Hearing                 1
Hemophiliac             4
Homosexual              1
Insect Followers                1
Jerk                    1
Kleptomaniac            3
Klutz                   1
Lame                    2
Laziness                2
Loudmouth               1
Migraines               2
Milksop                         1
Miserly                         1
Moronic                         4
Narcolepsy              2
Nearsighted             2
Neurotic                        Variable
Odious                  2
Old                     Variable
One-Armed               3
One-Legged              3
One-Track Mind          3
Over-Sexed              2
Pacifist                        4
Pigeon                  1
Reputation              2
Rheumatic Fever                 4
Rube Goldberg Mind      3
Slob                    1
Squeamishness           3
Stumbling/Noisy                 1
Stuttering              4
Victim                  1
Watch Traps             1
Wimp                    1

Wouldn't that same effect be accomplished by just giving points for
Handicaps and letting the player spend it where they want?

Don't get me wrong, I agree that TFT needs a re-write and some
modernization in certain areas. I'd just like to keep it as simple as
possible.

Anyway, just my opinion, please don't take offense.

Michael
====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.