RE: (TFT) Superscripts in TFT (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:28:51 -0700
From: "Tulloh, Daniel W." <tulloh@trac.wsmr.army.mil>
To: Daniel Tulloh <daniel@jaws.greatwhite.com>
Subject: RE: (TFT) Superscripts in TFT (fwd)

   I've been experimenting with a similiar idea, but from another
   direction. Basically, you can use experience points to enhance
   your talents.

   The idea is this:  Lets say you buy "Horsemanship".  This might
   give you an additional modifier of +0 on all rolls requiring you
   to use that talent.  If you bought it again, you'd have a +1 to
   your die roll, buying it again would give you a +2, again would
   give a +4 and so on.

   Your IQ stat would represent your basic ability to know different
   things, so you couldn't ever have more talents than you have IQ.
   (Talents which cost 2 or even 4 points are then very costly indeed.)

   You could work something similiar for basic ST and DX - but I'd make
   it difficult to increase these scores.  Not everyone has the build
   required to be Arnold Schwarzenegger - and those who do have to work
   at it.

   I would argue against DX being a measure of accuracy though - I
   think it is more a measure of coordination.  Accuracy and speed
   don't have much to do with being able to avoid tripping over your
   feet. Accuracy is more of a learned ability - thus the modifier on
   a skill.

   Thus - someone might have an ST 11, DX 12 and have Longbow+4,
   meaning this person is highly accurate with a longbow, reflecting
   their long hours of practice with it - but would be only average
   at using a Crossbow or some other missile weapon.

Dan