Re: (TFT) Re: Mental abilities of controlled characters

	If the wizard did not have mace talent he
could attack at -4 DX like any other untrained
figure.  The shield would still protect him (tho he
would be at negatives if he was attacking while
using it).  I checked the rules and they didn't say
it  couldn't work this way.  Or am I missing
something?

	However, I agree I screwed up.  I was
origionally going to say, the controlled person
could not use the intellectual talents (such as
Expert Civil Engineer), but I got bogged down in
trying to define what an intellectual talent was not.
Obviously Running wasn't, and Warrior and Vetran
aren't (are they?).  But what of Driving, Alertness
or Diplomacy?
	However if you assume that the wizard is
not good at controlling the body of the controlled
person it could be rationalized so I went with the
simpler rules.

	However I completely forgot about the
weapon talents!  I agree that a controlled fighter
should still be able to use his weapons.  But must
he be as skilled as when when HE was controlling
him?  (That last sentence could probably have
been worded better...  :)

	Now we know that when a wizard takes
control of a summoned creature he can see thru its
eyes and there is a 2 way telepathic link (see
paragraph 10 on page 4 of AW).  The rules also
say that the wizard 'takes over' the mind of the
subject.

	I tend to feel that the wizard should
either get to use all of the talents of the controlled
figure or none of them.  However if you wanted
to argue that the low IQ talents are kept (say IQ 8
or less) that might be workable.

	I don't feel easy about the idea of
controlling someone so you can suddenly write
his language.  Also if the other person's mind
is there for you to telepathically quiz, are you
able to find out all of that character's secrets? I've
always seen the Control Spells as a temporary
possession, which buries the subject's mind
and memory (if successful and not so alarming
that the spell is resisted).  After all the subject
only knows who tried to control him if the spell
is resisted.  (Paragraph 10 again.)

	If you assume the model is that you
are telepathicly linked and become allies in a
body, then getting access to all of the subject's
skills and knowledge makes a lot more sense.

	What are other's peoples views on
this?

	Rick