Re: (TFT) Masters of the Amulets

Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com> says:

>PS: Speaking of internet sites, you might be intersted in this one:
>"http://plainlabel.galstar.com/PLTHero.html";. One of the best writers for
>TFT and the one time editor of Interplay, has released "In the Name of
>Justice" for free in PDF format. I believe that this was actually going to
>be released as a superhero supplement for TFT but never got published.

Actually, the title, some of the characters, and the basic concepts are
about the only things that survive from the original "In the Name of
Justice!". The TFT-based game by Greg Poehlein and myself was scheduled for
publication and actually set in type just before Howard Thompson closed up
shop. (It's the only thing I can ever remember being PAID for that never
came out, instead of the other way around which is more prevalent in our
industry...) The rights to the original reverted to Greg and I after a
time, due to a clause in our contract. Since the rights to the TFT system
weren't available, however, we did the new version as a PlainLabel Role
Playing System game. We're talking about a COMPACT COMBAT version at some
point.

Was I really editor of Interplay? Gosh. I must have slept a couple of times
since then. I'd completely forgotten that. (Maybe I'm just in denial...)

The long-time members of this list may remember that there was yet another
TFT spinoff that was never printed. HIGH NOON was the working title of a
TFT-based wild west shootout game by David Tepool. It was completed, but
never released. I've been trying to get David to dig it out of his volumes
of old material for years. He thinks it still exists -- somewhere. If he
ever finds it, I promise to talk him into making it available in some
fashion or another.

Guy McLimore / guymc@evansville.net
MicroTactix Games