Re: (TFT) Gurps Unplayable???

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:57:45 -0800, Pasha and or Rick Smith
<pnrsmith@istar.ca> wrote:

>Hi all,
>	I've played in and GMed fun GURPS campaigns (a
>Cyberpunk campaign was a blast).  However for fantasy we
>have drifted back to TFT simply because the combats are faster
>paced.
>
>	I don't think GURPS is broken.  It just needs loving
>GM's to polish it for 20 years, like another game I know.

When I was doing the majority of gaming, one thing that allowed us to do
complex systems was the fact that more than one person in the group
owned a set of the rules, so CharGen was quicker, also the group did 10
hour sessions on Saturdays, so Rules Lawyering wasn't such a bind.

Now that the time has been reduced to a few hours on a weekday night,
and often there's only the ONE set of rules, then I find that simple
systems have won the day, hence why I end up running TFT now and again,
though buying talents and spells can take time.

ed
--
edhogg@equus.demon.co.uk           |  Dragons Rescued  |      _////
http://www.equus.demon.co.uk/      |  Maidens Slain    |   o_/o ///