From: Michael Taylor <MichaelTaylor1@compuserve.com>
To: Ty Beard <tbeard@e-tex.com>; INTERNET:tft@brainiac.com
<tft@brainiac.com>
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 1999 9:05 PM
Subject: (TFT) Re: Skirmish Arrived

Message text written by "Ty Beard"

Hey there Michael. As time permits, I'm putting together a new combat
system
for SciFi weapons. I'm also planning to build a full sci-fi game using TFT
as the engine. I'm going to playtest it pretty soon and if it works, I'll
post it.

--Ty<

Ya know, putting together my own TFT Traveller campaign got me thinking.
The TFT combat system is still good, but it IS looking a little long in the
tooth. So I was looking at my Azanti High Lightning Rules and there combat
system is a simplified Action Point system.

I've always liked Action Points (FASA's Star Trek the RPG used them to good
effect) and I thought that might make a good basis for a revised TFT combat
system that made better use of "options". What do you think?

Michael
==