(TFT) (sorta) Soliciting a clue...

Since the list is a little quiet right now, does anyone mind if I borrow
a little bandwidth for a self-serving sort of query?

The COMPACT WARRIOR Special Edition rules have been up on our web site
for some time now, and we've gotten a LOT of downloads. (With luck, that
may translate into a LOT of sales someday soon, when the hardcopy full
edition comes out. At least, I can dream...)

What we HAVEN'T gotten is a lot of feedback from those who have been
downloading the game. I expect that to some extent. When folks pay for
something, they seem to be plenty ready to tell you how well they think
they spent their money. But those who like or dislike aspects of a free
downlaod may just shrug it off.

Don't. As I finalize the typesetting for COMPACT WARRIOR and COMPACT
SORCERER's print editions (going to press at last -- very soon) and
prepare several more expansions, I really could use a little feedback on
the basic game. Are you playing it? Is it fun? What expansions and
extensions does it need most?

I won't ask you to clog this list with replies, but if you DID download
COMPACT WARRIOR Special Edition, I'd like to hear some of your answers to
these questions. And (since you are already a man-to-man combat boardgame
player or you wouldn't BE here) if you DIDN'T downlaod it, I'd like to
know why. Drop me a line at my personal email address
(guymc@evansville.net). I'd appreciate the few minutes it will take you
to give me the word. After all, as a dyed-in-the-wool TFT fan myself, I
sure want to hear what fellow TFTers have to say about a game whose
existence comes (in great measure) from my desire to see a game like TFT
back in print, trying to hit some of the marks and expand in ways that
TFT was not allowed to do.

Thanks!

Guy McLimore / guymc@evansville.net
MicroTactix Games