(TFT) Getting Started Part 3

Greff's Journal Day 3

Well this morning we crossed the magic line and all of
my magic stuff is ok. nem' Korram says one of his magic healing
gems went dead, and want's the Thorasz to pay for it, but Padrone
said if that talk kept up, the Thorasz would be paying for one
broken head, HIS.

This side of the line don't feel any different, but I can't
cast spells of course.

It is another hot day, but the wind has come up, and
that helps keep the bugs down. Fair bit of haze and dust but it
is the best day so far, for walking.

We had to drop off half of the sheep at another little
fort that is being built. Benjamin Gibeah and I picked out the
loudest, bull headest of the lot, and gave them away. It is a
lot quieter group we got now.

We were almost to where we were going, when
Merrick clears his throat, and motions the Padrone over, I found
out a little later that there were some goblin tracks sneaking
about and scouting the area. We got a warning that we was to
be extra careful, and so we were.

I have not seen that nasty little demon of Pak's.
Maybe this side of the magic line is holy, and the demon was
afraid to cross. He goes on alot blessing and charming and
trying to be holy, but he don't know the real words, and has
a demon so I think it is pretty funny him trying to be holy.
He has most of the others fooled and eating out of his hand
tho, so I was saying that you watch, a bunch of us, maybe
all of us will come to a bad end before Neddersong dies, but
the Padrone gave me a real dirty look so I shut up.

We was taking a 5 minute break to let the rangers
(Pak Neddersong and Merrick) get back and report and I saw
Galendaar taking out a good sized gem stone and kind of
huddle over it. I moved a bit so no one else could see, and
later asked him if it was expensive. He said, "It was one of
the costs of doing magic." I think he was going to say more
but just then we moved out again.

Well we got to the camp, and all of us who was
walking got 15 minutes rest while the Padrone got things
organized. Pak and one of the peasants got a fire going and
are making us some lunch. I've been writing up my notes
but it looks like we are about to get orders so I'm finishing
up now. Maybe I'll say a few more words tonight.

The following is for the leader, but all are welcome to read
it and second guess him.

How to play this adventure:
This is a programmed adventure for 8 to 12 people averaging about 38 attributes. If you don't have enough people the GM should rough out a few quick NPCs to round out the 'thon. You are assumed to be in charge of the Decathon. If you are not, the easiest thing would be to assume the Decathon leader has been wounded, and you are given a temperary increase in responsibility (at your old rate of pay of course).
This is a difficult adventure, the players must be able to fight (of course) but also should have a variety of other skills. If they are very limited the GM may with to write up a couple of speciallist NPC's to help them out.
Note that this adventure is unusual in the large number of characters commanded by the leader. Thus you may send off a small group and have it die completely. This will not end the adventure, continue with the main party. The adventure is not over until the players are all dead, or have escaped with their lives.
Gain EP as per ITL unless otherwise stated. If you take damage each wound is worth 1EP (because pain is instructive).
You should keep track of the following information: The number of days you have been on site. The number of workers left surviving (you start with 15, and a cook who does not work on construction). From time to time you will be given a plot word. Note these words on your info sheet as you acquire them, they will direct you to different paragraphs in the future.
Each night you should deside what the watch is. If anyone gets less than 5 hours sleep a night, the next day that person is at 1d-3 fatigue and their IQ is -2 for purposes of noticing ambushes, traps, and surprises.
When you complete the pallisade and fort record your current paragraph, and goto #500.
When you complete the first bridge goto #750.
When you complete the final bridge goto #1000.
On each new morning, see the list below, it will direct you to a new paragraph. When you are ready go to paragraph 1.
1 Afternoon, First Day. Goto #7.
2 Morning, Second Day. Goto #30.
3 Morning, Third Day. Goto #100.
4 Fourth Day. Goto #170.
5 Fifth Day. Goto #250.
6 Sixth Day. Goto #310.

7 Your Decathon sets up camp. There is a small wooden fort two thirds completed by the workers. Their leader is a skinny little twirp called k' Chollen. He says that no one has bothered them, but some workers claim to have seen movement in the woods. You question these workers, and learn little: large dark shapes seen thru the fog and branches. They might be anything but one fellow insists that what he saw was too large for a human.
You look at the plans for the fort and bridges and everything seems to be in order. You see there is about 5 hours to dark, and the cook is preparing enough food for your men. How many people do you wish be on watch? How many of your people do you wish to have help the workers? Deside on these questions and note down any extraordinary precautions you may wish to take then go to #8.

Speaking of the leader, I have sacked Nick for never
writting to me. This has been a severe blow to my ego and I
will eventually think of something sufficiently nasty to say,
but maybe I won't.

John is invited to take over the heavy responsibility,
and if he does not, then this will likely be the last installment
of the adventure (unless some one else charges the breach).

Rick