Re: (TFT) My thoughts on the Fog spell

>>> Re: Cumulative Costs:
>>
>>Yes, I had originally intended that maintenance cost increases
>>for each hour along an arithmetic series, ie the cost of
>>maintaining the spell is not a single number, but constantly
>>rises.  So, for Light Fog, the first hour is free, the second
>>hour costs 1ST, the third hour costs 2ST, the fourth costs 3ST
>>and so on.
>>

>I thought that the Light Fog spell had a cost of 1/1?  Why is
>the first hour of its maintence free then?

Well, I had thought that when the wizard manipulated the forces
of nature to create the fog, the fog requires time to appear
and then dissipate.  So my idea was that in 15 minutes, the fog
begins to form - ie, you can actually start to see it.  In
another 15 minutes it actually becomes Light Fog ( or Medium Fog
or Heavy Fog - whatever was cast ).  It stays for 30 minutes and
then begins to dissipate, being gone 15 minutes later.

So, getting an hour for free seemed an ideal way to represent
this.

Creation spells do something similiar - when cast, they last for
12 turns before they need to be repowered.

I dunno, maybe this whole idea was half-baked to begin with.

Dan