Re: (TFT) RE: Copywrite Questions

Joe Hartley at jh@brainiac.com on 6/10/99 12:44 PM said:

>I've seen various articles and postings that gave guidelines for converting
>characters from one game system to another (Mav's S&FGG points to an
>article in Space Gamer 71 "Converting TFT characters to T&T (...and
>adapting them back again)" as well as one in SG#56 by SJ himself,
>"Metamorphosis Monsters: Adapting D&D creatures to TFT", and I believe I
>saw a TFT->GURPS document on the web somewhere).  Has anyone ever looked
>at something like this for TFT->CC characters?

Yep. Generally, things like that have been deemed acceptable, as long as
one isn't selling them. (It's a gray area, but apparently a fairly
well-explored one.

There's no TFT-to-CC conversion yet, but I don't think it would be hard
to do. If someone would come up with one, I'd post it to the MicroTactix
web site.

Several PlainLabel-to-other systems conversions DO exist (Chill,
Millennium's End and MasterBook), which pretty much work because PL is
the underlying system for Compact. These can be found at the old
PlainLabel site at http://plainlabel.galstar.com/PLFanPg.html .

>>  (I'd LOVE to find people willing to write GOOD
>> MicroQuest-style solitaires for COMPACT! Hint! Hint!) If the adventure is
>> good in TFT, it would be good (and salable) in COMPACT, too.
>
>Hmmm, time to dust off that old adventure I was working on 20 (cough!)
>years ago for TFT!  I'll write you separately on that....

Please do!

Guy McLimore / guymc@evansville.net
MicroTactix Games