Re: (TFT) RE: Copywrite Questions

>> #1 - What issues are involved with making a TFT compatible module?
>Now, I
>> believe if I genericise it enough I should be all right. Seems to me
>that
>> Mayfair Games made quite a few "Role Playing Supplements" that, by
>amazing
>> coincidence, worked VERY well with AD&D rules ... To my knowledge,
>they
>> never got into trouble for it. So, how far may one legally stretch
>this?
>> At what point does the mention of certain rules, names or concepts
>become
>> copywrite infringement?

Not sure about this, but I think Mayfair games had a written agreement
with TSR, back during Gygax's reign.  It was after Gygax was booted that
the new management looked at the agreement that they had with Mayfair,
and decided the didn't like it.

                                       Perry
"Standing behind the girl won't do you any good, she'll only stop 3
points."