(TFT) A group list of TFT talents, etc

Controversy, controversy....

I'm wondering if we are too spooked by copyright to let what is essentially a fan site thrive. Yes, I do respect copyrights. I'll be selling my own copyrighted game soon. But I expect copyright violations. I'll soon be having to decide whether to prosecute violaters, make them part of a sanctioned group or ignore them. Either Howard Thompson doesn't have this choice or he chose to ignore us.

Group Effort...

What I propose is a group chart of TFT talents, weapons, armor, items etc. done up in a matrix and put on this site as a link (though someone has already done this, I'm sure. Whoever has this, would you mind if we all contribute to it and you expand it?) Though as a GAMER I am unhappy with not having the original TFT scanned in and available for manipulation, in the interest of copyright (AS A COPYRIGHT HOLDER) it should not be done.

Hartley's 29 June 98 concept of each person owning his own copy of TFT, AW, AM and posting only new data to the web while making reference to the original source materials could work. (OK, its a slight alteration of what he said.) The group needs to decide on a Standard Referencing of those materials. And say they are willing to add their items to the chart w/o monetary compensation or legal holdings. (This sounds like your throwing your great ideas into the wind, but then it would just be rotting with you if you don't. And if its an idea you want to make money off of, I don't see why you couldn't use it later. Its the old "spread the idea or get rich". I myself am willing to make available my ideas to this website w/o monetary compensation or threats of lawsuits.)

I would be willing to do all of this on Excell, but I have no website to put it on, and Joe, would you be willing to link to this, if not host it?

And finally, from Joe's 29 Jun 98 posting:
	Finally, if at any time the whereabouts of Howard become
	known, I'll then take it upon myself to write him a letter
	asking for permission to distribute the gamebox (or in
	this case the group chart).  If he says that under no
	circumstance would he allow it, then I'll ask the folks
	I've sent the gamebox to (or in this case we'll delete
	the group chart) to erase their copies.

I've Never seen these books...

I am willing to check out In The Labyrinth, Advanced Melee, Advanced Wizards, GM Screen for one week (you pay postage and insurance) to those who dont have these. How you keep the memory of these books after you return them is up to you. In the spirit of this website, you should own the ORIGINAL materials, so buy the books eventually.

Let me know what you think.

JPB