(TFT) Greff's Journal 7th evening

	Not much has happened today in that druid's story.
The morning after the day of the big storm (one week since we
left the Thorsz's dam), tall columns of smoke could be seen
rising from the west.  We figured these were about in the
locations where the other forts were being built, so it looks
like we may be cut off, if they were wiped out and burnt.

	I have not said a lot of nice things about the sheep
hearder Rarrempt k' Chollen, but I think that we may owe him
a pretty big debt.  He came out a week and a half before us to
clear some wood and prepare the grounds for the fort and
pallisade.  But when we arrived with the last of the workers
he had the pallisade pretty much finished and the fort well
started.  He must have really sweated the peasants to get that
much work done, and of course it was the fort that saved our
skins when the trolls and goblins attacked.

	Any way he got a couple of sheep out on that big
rock south east of the fort, and they went at it with sledge
hammers and big 3 meter crow-bar / chisels.  They are digging
a series of holes to anchor the center of the bridge.  The rest
of the peasants were cutting wood and rough forming planks
to make the bridge with.  We were to watch the woods for
trouble but my main job was keeping an eye on that druid.

	Merrick was scouting in the woods and he heard
noise of fighting.  He said it sounded like it was 2 to 4 km
down the trail.  The Padrone and Lance (who has a Ring of
Speed so he can keep up with Ben) went scouting.  The
rest of us pulled back to the pallisade.  From time to time
I sent a peasant out to keep the big fires stocked (we are
still burning off the tons of waste wood left all around the
fort.  There are far to many places for enemies to hide behind
within arrow shot of the fort.)

	After an hour or so Ben and Lance returned (Lance
is exhaused from powering his magic).  He was put out
because one of his small items died when he crossed that
rune line we crossed on the 3rd day.  I had forgotten that we
were in an area of strange magic.

	I talked to Lance and he said that they had found a
century or more of goblins.  They had just fought a battle be-
cause there were goblin corpses all over and a few dead
peasants laying around.  The Padrone tried shooting up a
goblin leader but it had a blow away item so his first shot
missed and he didn't try a second.  Then Ben and Lance were
in a running battle all the way back here.  Ben thinks that
there is some sort of trail twisting magic so he was worried
about leaving the trail.  Not being able to manuever the goblins
kept threating to out flank them and so they had to keep pulling
back.  They kills a couple handful in the fight and all the goblins
managed in return was a scratch from a poorly aimed arrow on
Lance.  Ben of course just galloped away and then shot them
up as they tried to close on him.  He might have been able to
rout the whole unit except that he had to watch out for Lance
and us.  It is a privillge to serve with such a great fighter for
our commander.

	Ben expected the goblins to attack at once, so we got
ready.  However an hour went by with nothing happening so
Rarrempt when back out to that big rock with his sheep, and
I got the sheep burning branches again.  We stayed close to the
pallisade in case of trouble but there were no signs of any
enemies.

	I've been given the second watch tonight with Pak,
Lance and Yndicman.  This way I can keep an eye on that
druid and its demon familliar.  I'm hoping that druid will think
we have forgetten that he disobeyed orders and ran from the
fight. If he tries anything I'll chop his throat open and then
ask the Padrone for permission.