(TFT) TFT: Sorag

Grabowski writes . . .

>>SORAG -- Human Martial Wizard

>Question: Love the character but what's AP???

   Attribute Points.  41 is the base number of AP's, plus three from
handicaps.  I don't list it as "44" because I ruled that AP's from handicaps
do not count towards the experience table.

>If you have Interplay #5 check page 13-14 Ron Hopkin's article on
>summonings.  Under class one creatures is dragonet.  Although Dave's is
more
>detailed.

   Yes, I have that issue.  I didn't like the idea of bunching up different
creatures into one spell.  I liked the original idea in TFT of distinct
summon spells, which relates to Images, Illusions, and disbelieving in them.
Yzor thinks, "I really should simply create the standard (and very
effective) octopi-with-three-swords illusion, but there's no such summon
spell, so my opponent will /know/ it's an illusion, so I'd better make an
illusion of a myrmidon or bear -- just to keep him guessing."  Ron's group
summon spells would take away some of this angst, which I feel is an
important part of the game.  Interesting article, but not for me.

>Here's another question for you legal eagles out there.  How long does a
>copyright last?

   I thought I saw in the list archives: Life of the author, plus 50 years
after his or her death.  But I could be wrong.

Jim Dirmaier hacked out . . .

>At the risk of sounding like a "purest" I suggest that any GM take a
careful
>look at any added rules that make a character more survivable. The GM
should
>be looking at two things:
>1.) Does this unbalance my campaign
>2.) Is the character balanced (does he pay an appropriate price somewhere
>else on his character sheet to gain this advantage)

   I think it's perfectly okay to make characters more surviveable, just as
long as all players' characters benefit.  Then it's not an advantage and
game balance is preserved.

Gadda, Charles A dictated to his secretary . . .

>There is a point where it becomes a little TOO brutal, and I do believe
that
>some changes are in order. Some ideas:
>
>- - Rather than 1 ST being unconcious and 0 ST = death, suggest that 0 be
>unconcious and -5 or -10 be death. Something like this will make things a

   Charles, looks like you and I are on the same wavelength on this.

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Design Bureau   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
"If my friend Rocky were in the stove, would I do /this/?"