Re: (TFT) Bone to pick with rolling to miss

>The rules would have it that when you're rolling to miss, you get
>the normal critical miss results on a 17 or 18, and x2 / x3 damage
>(on the person you're trying to miss) on a 16 or 15.  In other
>words, they've basically "stacked" the normal critical miss and hit
>results at the upper end of the 3-18 scale.   As this is on a bell
>curve, however, it means you're about four times more likely to get
>extra damage on someone you're trying to miss than someone you're
>trying to hit.  Maybe I'm alone in this, but I find that fairly
>outrageous. (And no, not because it happened to me personally!)
>
>My solution is to count a roll of 18 as a 50/50 chance of either a
>normal critical miss or of triple damage, and likewise for double
>damage and a roll 17.  16 is just an automatic hit on the slob you
>were trying to miss.
>
>Any comments?
>Stan

I didn't like those results either so I treated all misses (are hits) rolls
the same and made a 2nd 3d6 roll to see how hard they got hit by
mistake just as if you were rolling a normal attack.
They got normal damage unless you rolled the LOW critical hit numbers
again and you just ignored any other result (like misses). This just treats
everyone equally regarding the damage multipliers.

Mack Brewer