(TFT) TFT: Bows & Boomerangs

Michael Taylor writes . . .

>Uh...this pretty much makes it impossible to have neanderthals with bow,
>much less indians or aborignes.....
>I'd actually make the both Bowyer/Fletcher and Flintknapping only cost 1
>IQ point as well, the keep them realistically within reach of these
peoples.

   Perhaps you're right about the IQ level . . .  don't want to deny cavemen
their bows -- although I see most neanderthals armed with slings and spears
instead.
   I think Bowyer should still be 2 IQ points.  Certainly a few specialized
neanderthal bow makers can afford that.

Rick Smith writes . . .

>I think that reducing the damage of a boomerang to 1 die is
>making them far too weak.  Having them do 1d+2 or 1d+1 would be
>fairer in my humble opinion.

   You're probably right, Rick -- just one die is a bit too low compared to
other missile weapons.  Making the damage 1+2 also just happens to match the
damage it does as a melee weapon, so I'll go with that.

   About Defensive Quickness: I think it works just fine.  However, in my
own campaigns I've limited it to DQ III . . .  which no one has ever
bothered to purchase.

   Here's two more spells . . .

IQ 10 SPELLS
WARM (T): This spell helps keep the subject warm,
   allowing the subject to survive in even the coldest
   weather.  The spell also stops 1 hit of damage from
   cold-based attacks.  Cost: 1 ST per hour.
COOL (T): This spell does the opposite of Warm,
   keeping the subject cool and comfortable even in
   the hottest weather, and also subtracts 1 hit of
   damage from fire and other heat-based attacks.
   Cost: 1 ST per hour.

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Design Bureau   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
"I'm confident we'll have that Y2k problem whipped by this Wednesdak, sir."